Ok it’s summertime and IF you are outside around the woods or hiking then chances are you come across POISON IVY. Most times you don’t even know it until you become itchy! This poison ivy plant has a chemical in the leaves called “Urushiol.”
You possibly brushed up against this Poison Ivy on your nature walk. So typically 12 to 72 hours later you get an itchy rash that drives you NUTS! So what do you do.? Keep scratching it RIGHT?! When you keep scratching it you then get blisters that develop with fluids in the sacs.
So NOW your contagious! PLEASE DON’T try to get a massage! You can’t hide it and as a Licensed Massage Therapist we are trained to spot alot of skin conditions! Ok so it drives me nuts when a client knowingly has Poison Ivy and forgets to tell me! Trust me as soon as I undrape the sheet I’ll spot it! Your session will be OVER!